Thomas van der Berg is a certified security professional (OSCP, 2018; CEH, 2016) from Leeuwarden, the Netherlands.
Working in IT security since september 2016. Some stuff I usually do at work:
- Hacking web applications
- Taking over servers
- Writing reports on security findings
- Creating awareness with presentations and giving training about IT security
- Reviewing source code to find security issues
- Bypassing firewalls with SSH, stunnel, etc.
- Angering security officers
Some of the hacking tools I have experience with:
- Kali Linux
- Burp Suite
- Making my own exploit scripts
- lots of smaller tools
Programming / sysadmin related:
- Makefiles, git, Maven, IntelliJ, etc. etc.
- Firewall configuration with iptables
- Configuring web servers (nginx, HTTPS, PHP, MySQL, Systemd, etc.)
- Doing all of the above… in the cloud ;)
Company profiles worked for so far:
- International bank
- International insurer
- Local media company
I’m interested in independent assignments as well. If you have a website or company and would like me to review the security or try to hack into it, send me a mail! See contact info below.
Things I like include:
- Free and open source software
- (Old) games and Let’s Plays
- Music (especially classical, and 8-bit)
- (Offline & online) human rights
I made this site with Jekyll, which is a cool framework. I don’t need dynamic content! If you want to comment on a post of mine, e-mail me or send me a Twitter message (I don’t post much on Twitter but I actively check it).
See also Projects.
My contact info is on the bottom of every page. Send me a mail with an interesting offer! No I’m not interested in your web advertising analytics shizzle!